Saturday, February 13, 2010

"The Oasis"

Few of us have the chance to meet their heroes in life. I was asked a few months ago who I would most like to meet and talk with. I named John Wooden, Jim Harbaugh, and Toby Gerhart. Tonight I went to watch a Stanford basketball game. Stanford was playing the University of Washington, a very impressive team. Stanford lost after a close game, and the Huskies pulled away with the lead to win 78-61. Afterwards, we stopped by "The Oasis" a Stanford burger restaurant. Coach Harbaugh happened to sit at the table next to us, and we had a chance to talk. I had a great time talking Stanford Football.

If Coach Harbaugh is reading this, I want to follow up on a couple of things from tonight's conversation:
1) Per your offer, I would love to arrange for the Grace Cathedral Men and Boys Choir to sing for Stanford sometime next Fall. We sing every Spring for the SF Giants and it would be an honor to sing for Stanford.
2) If you want to write to me individually my email is wrogdenmoore@yahoo.com. It was an honor to talk with you about my passion for Stanford Football, and a great dream to speak with you about recruiting. I have enormous respect for you and your program, and I'm unbelievably excited to connect with you. I quoted you on my high school applications about contributing "an enthusiasm unknown to mankind." I strive to follow this motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment